As we age, wrinkle lines may appear around the forehead. Frown lines between the brows can make us look too serious or angry. Skin relaxation may cause the eyebrows to droop, making us look tired. If you are bothered by these signs of aging, Botox can be a viable solution.As we age, wrinkle lines may appear around the forehead. Frown lines between the brows can make us look too serious or angry. Skin relaxation may cause the eyebrows to droop, making us look tired. If you are bothered by these signs of aging, Botox can be a viable solution.
What are the Benefits of Botox
Botox has gained a reputation to visibly reduce the appearance of wrinkles or remove them altogether. It is a temporary treatment that allows patients to decide whether they are satisfied with the results or not before committing to treatment in the future. If satisfied, Botox patients require regular injections to maintain results.
Other common advantages of Botox include:
• Cost. For many patients, the financial viability of Botox is attractive. Injections cost anywhere from $170-$350, making them more easily affordable than other cosmetic or plastic surgery procedures.
• Speed. Botox is typically administered in a short time frame, lasting only 5-10 minutes. Results are also noticeable immediately after the procedure. In other cases, it may take up to a day or two.
• Less invasive. Botox injections are less invasive than its counterparts such as facelifts and brow lifts.
• Temporary Side Effects. Like any medical or cosmetic procedure, there are side effects associated with Botox. However, the side effects are temporary and readily treatable within a few days if not immediately.
What to Consider
If you are unhappy with your current appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, Botox is a viable solution depending on your health conditions, goals and budget. To determine if this is the right treatment for you, ask yourself these questions.
• What is your long-term goal? If this is to permanently remove fine lines and wrinkles, Botox is a temporary solution. It requires regular injections for the rest of the time that you wish to remove lines and wrinkles.
• Do you have allergies? There are some cases of allergic reactions to the drug, particularly in people who take antibiotics. Consult your doctor first.
Other factors to consider are possible side effects of Botox. Although side effects are usually mild and readily treatable, you should be aware of the side effects that you may experience as a result of treatment.
• Ptosis: About 5% of people that get Botox injections suffer this side effect. It is a temporary condition that causes one or both eyelids to droop.
• Bruises or Soreness: Most people experience some small bruising or light soreness in the treatment area. If the bruise or soreness becomes severe, seek medical help immediately as this can signal an infection.
• Nausea: Botox is a foreign material that your body might not welcome without an upset stomach and symptoms of nausea.
Schedule a Consultation
Although there are some great advantages to Botox, it is important to consult an informed and experienced plastic surgeon when making this decision. There are plenty of cosmetic procedures to reduce fine lines and wrinkles. Here, at Bella Health & Beauty, we will discuss and review your treatment options to find the perfect fit for you and your desired results. For more information, call Bella Health & Beauty at (661) 247-8211 or schedule a consultation here.